We envision a robust community built upon respect between the San Bernardino City Unified School District and its students and families that incorporate the value of life-long education while maintaining their culture and honoring the traditions of the American Indian peoples of the United States of America.
- All fourth grade American Indian students will read at or above grade level. All eighth grade American Indian students will be at or above grade level in math. All American Indian students will graduate high school and further their education by May 2014.
- A 506 form placed in all initial enrollment packets to help facilitate more growth in the Title VII program by May 2014.
- Twenty percent of the Title VII students and their families to participate in our “Family Cultural Nights” by May 2014.
- Creating a space in the diversity program of the district to include American Indian people by May 2014.
- Creating partnerships with higher education, community service organizations, businesses, and elders of the American Indian Community to promote college and career by May 2014.
- Weekly gatherings
- Bi-Weekly “American Indian Cultural Family Nights”
- Monthly site visits